- It is important to note that pattern carpet/runners will not line up the same way on each step, unless extra carpet is ordered to specifically do so.
- Not all stair cases are squared and true which means the pattern may drift from side to side and not give you the appearance you had hoped.
- There are two installation methods to consider when installing stair runners 1)Waterfall: This means the carpet will extend over the step nose and fall at an “angle” to the next tread. This type of installation creates a visible gap. If your steps have any decorative trim installed under the nose of the step, this would be the recommended installation method. 2) Cap/Band: – This means the carpet will extend over the step nose and be tacked under the nose.
- It is recommended that you review your choices with the estimator prior to installation. Once the carpet is installed on the step it cannot be changed. Also, carpet installed on steps is not covered by manufacturer’s warranties.
- These types of carpets require special care including some that cannot be vacuumed using a traditional beater bar vacuum.
- Seams in this type of carpet tend to be very noticeable and sometimes can not have cross seams or be seamed at all.
- Your estimator will review the selection with you and seam placement to ensure that it meets your needs.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Carpets will vary in color and shade, especially when exposed to natural lighting.