- Never push, pull, or drag furniture across vinyl floors. Always lift and carry.
- Heavy furniture or appliances that are not moved often should be equipped with flat, non-staining floor protectors.
- Avoid using a vacuum with a “beater bar”. Most vacuums today come equipped with a “bare floor” setting and engaging this will help avoid damaging your vinyl floor.
- Consider investing in high-quality floor mats for an extra layer of protection.
- Place the mats at entrances and exits to collect and trap corrosive substances that can be tracked in, such as dirt, sand, oil, grit, asphalt, and even driveway sealer.
For more tips on maintaining and cleaning your vinyl flooring, we recommend you check out the World Floor Covering Association’s website too!