Once our warehouse receives your order, an installation manager will call you to schedule the installation of your new flooring.
During the ordering process, the estimator who visited your home will have already discussed the installation process including the layout of your new floor, removal of the existing floor, if needed, and the basics of making the installation process move smoothly and quickly including the following:
- If you’re remodeling more than your floor, all other construction projects should be completed prior to floor installation
- Remember to disconnect or remove all toilets and water/gas lines
- Remove all furniture from the construction area as agreed upon with the estimator prior to our team’s arrival
- Remove all small personal items, electronics and breakables from the tops of furniture and from closets where the new flooring will be installed
- Ensure that your home has an operational HVAC unit(s) before, during and after installation
- If you have any subfloor concerns, timing issues, or questions on the finishing/trim, raise the question before your installation process so we can accommodate and plan accordingly
- Make sure acclimation of your flooring product is completed prior to installation
Unfortunately, there are times we discover unforeseen issues or damage once we remove existing flooring. If that is the case, your estimator/installer will review any issues and work out pricing for any additional work/repairs that may need to be done.
What's Next? Read about what to expect during the installation process!