The first thing you want to remember when looking for the best way to clean your ceramic or porcelain tile floors is that routine care and maintenance is important. This includes sweeping or vacuuming regularly to remove dirt and debris before it has a chance to get embedded in the tile or grout.
Here are some additional tips and tricks to making your tile floor look new forever:
- When sweeping, it is important to not use a straw broom as it will scratch the surface of the tiles
- Mop the floor with warm water at a minimum of once per week and be sure to dry it right afterwards to avoid any new dirt from quickly setting into wet areas and becoming hard-to-remove later
- Wipe up spills, including water, immediately using absorbent clothes
- Use a door mat both outside and inside your home to eliminate the tracking of dirt and water on the floors (especially during rainy spring days or snowy winter days)
- When deep cleaning your tile floors it is recommended that you check with the manufacturer for the best cleaning solution for the product so you don’t risk damaging the tiles
- Use a rag or chamois type mop instead of a sponge mop when cleaning your floors; Sponge mops tend to push dirty water into the grout lines and could make them harder to clean