There are different components that make up vinyl flooring. We’ll break them down for you to make it easy for you to understand and compare options for your home. Vinyl flooring is composed of several different layers:
- Top coat: This adds sheen as it protects the wear layer
- Wear layer: This safeguards the nice designer pattern to go with your home décor style
- Pattern layer: This is the sheet’s color, design, character and/or pattern that complements your home’s style.
- Cushion layer: This layer adds bounce and texture
- Fiberglass layer: This part keeps the sheet nice and flat
- Base layer: This last part supports all the above layers