- Protect and do not disturb the sealed seams on sheet flooring for at least 16 hours after seam sealer application to ensure a proper seam bond.
- Keep traffic to a minimum during the first 48 hours to allow the adhesive to harden.
- Furniture should not be placed on the floor until the adhesive and grout, if applicable, has had adequate time to dry (48 hours for grouted and at least 24 hours for all other products).
- Always move heavy furniture and appliances with care to avoid gouging or tearing the floor. First, lay sheets of plywood or hardboard panels on the floor. Then roll, “walk” or slide these items on the sheets.
- Do not push or pull appliances and heavy furniture without taking these precautions.
- Wash your floor using a suitable resilient floor cleaner 48 hours after installation.
Caution: Resilient flooring, like other types of smooth floors, can become slippery when wet.
Allow time for the floor to dry after washing. Immediately wipe up wet areas from spills or wet feet. Place mats at outside entrances to prevent water, snow or ice from being tracked onto your floor. Improper polishes or finishes can also cause slipperiness.